Argipol P is a blend of anionic polymers. It is partially hydrated polyacrylamid which serves a multiple purpose:
- It gives a remarkable fast and high viscosity build up in fresh and brackish water at very low concentration.
- It protects clays/shales from swelling.
- It prevents hole caving by the inhibition of silt containing clays.
- It holds loose sand together by forming a microfilm and therefore increases core recovery significantly when coring in loose sand or a weathered formations.
- Due to its very good flow characteristics and no gelling up effect, pump pressures can be reduced significantly in comparison with bentonit mud.
- It is very easily mixable and soluble in water.
- Argipol P is generally an excellent lubricant.
Argipol P is environmentally accepted and as it is water soluble the production zone cleans itself during production. The natural break down is 2-3 weeks however if necessary.
Argipol P can be broken down with oxidants like Calcium Hypochlorite or Peroxide.
Core recovery is very high because Argipol P has a glueing effect on loose particles, e.g. sand grains.
ADDITIONAL ADVANTAGES WHEN USING ARGIPOL P
- good flow characteristics reduce pump pressure considerably
- good clay inhibition reduces the chance of getting stuck pipe caused by swelling clays
- low gelling up effect ensures good cleaning of fine cuttings in mud tanks
- due to the slippery appearance of Argipol P , mud torque build up is reduced
- also very effective for HDD (Horizontal Directional Drilling), as an excellent lubricant, next to the mentioned above.
The recommended concentration is 0, 3 – 1, 0 kg/m3 generally for HDD.
In case of a special inhibitive muds up to 3 kg/m3.
Argipol P can be mixed into the mud only after bentonites swells up!!!
Argipol P is packed in 25 kg multilayer paper bags
Argipol P is packed in 10 kg multilayer paper bags.