BORE HOLE STABILIZING LIQUID CLAY INHIBITOR
ARGIPOL is a high viscous, anionic synthetic polymer containing partially hydrolyzed polyacrylamide/sodiumacrylate Copolymer (PHPA) with a high molecular weight.
ARGIPOL is a water soluble liquid additive, based on a water/oil emulsion, which allows rapid field mixing in fresh water and in bentonite mud.
– Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD)
– Water Well Drilling
– Vertical Drilling, Coring
– Tunneling, Miningunctions:
– Eliminates clay and shale swelling, stabilizes boreholes through a special encapsulation of swellable material
– Eliminates caving and keeps boreholes open
– Reduces bit balling and sticking
– Viscosifier for solid-free muds
– Produces low torque and high lubricity on drill string
– Reduces erosion damage of circulating mud
– Reduces continuous dispersion of cuttings
– Enhances rheological properties of suspension
– Compatible with KCl / PHPA mud systems
ARGIPOL can be used as a single component in solid free muds as well as an additive for Bentonite.
ARGIPOL can also be used to stabilize and to stiffen drilling foam.
ARGIPOL is also available as a fine granular under the product name Argipol P.
– Added to Bentonite (clay inhibition): 0,5-1,5 kg/m³
– Solid-free polymer mud: 1-3 kg/m³
Higher concentration of Argipol may flocculate certain types of bentonite. In bentonite systems Argipol should therefore be added immediately after the preparation of the bentonite suspension. Check make-up water on pH value (best 8,5-9,5) and water hardness. Before adding Argipol high concentration of Ca++ and Mg++ ions (>30 °dH) should be eliminated by treatment with soda ash.
ARGIPOL is stored at a temperature of -10 to + 35 °C
ARGIPOL is packed in 25 kg plastic jerry cans
PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
||light viscous liquid on O/W-Emulsion basis
||similar to paraffin
||> 100 °C
||1,03 g/cm³ bei 20 °C
||(0,2% solution, 20°C, FANN 35 @600 RPM)
||< 4000 mPas at 20 °C
||> 7 mPas at 40 °C
||7,5 (0,5% solution)
||8,0 (2,0% solution)